Wednesday, April 8, 2015

C4T #3 Post 1&2

C4T #3 
Post #1


Aaron Eden wrote a blog post on Cooperative Catalyst called Teaching without Knowing and Finding Problems to Solve. Eden states that there needs to be key paradigm shifts in education. One being that Education must be real. He follows that statement up by tying in two more shifts. First, teachers need to be expert learners with their students and two, teachers don't need to hand out problems and there solutions.
http://switchon.global2.vic.edu.au/2012/03/07/learning-to-learn/

My Comment:

My name is Lydia Lynch. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I will be posting a summary of your post and my comment on a post for my blog.  You will be able to see the post no later than April 12th on my blog lynchlydiaedm310@blogspot.com. You can email me at lydiaruth118@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter at @lydiaruth118.


I completely agree that teachers need to be expert learners along with their students. They need to lead by example and be role models for their students. Teachers won't always know everything there is to know so why not figure it out alongside the students!

C4T #3
Post #2

Pamelamoran's blog post, Connected Learners, Connected Educators, Learning Together, talks about how her community of connected educators tries to constantly invoke the interests and passions of young people. Connected learners share their experiences instead of just living them. Connected educators, "Create multi-age connectivity, value learners' entrepreneurial spirit and otherwise, honor the power of authentic global audiences for passion-driven project work, and recognize that young people have voices of influence and expertise outside their school".
http://plpnetwork.com/2014/05/19/announcing-connected-learner-experience-apply-now/


My Comment:

My name is Lydia Lynch. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I will be posting a summary of your post and my comment on a post for my blog.  You will be able to see the post no later than April 12th on my blog lynchlydiaedm310@blogspot.com. You can email me at lydiaruth118@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter at @lydiaruth118.


I love this post! One thing that stuck out to me the most was that students have voices and expertise outside of the classroom and school. I believe that connected learners have the ability to go above and beyond what we would expect to happen in a normal classroom environment. When given opportunities to connect with people globally students learn a sense of purpose other than trying to get a good grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment