Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Blog Post #10

Mrs. Cassidy seems to thoroughly enjoy using technology in the classroom. In the Interview with Kathy Cassidy Part 1, 2, and 3, she gave some great insight into how to incorporate it into your classroom. I love that she embraces the changes in technology. Technology is constantly improving and she follows along with it.

https://educationtrendsandissues.wikispaces.com/Integrating+Technology+into+the+ClassroomOne of the things that I would like to use in my classroom one day would be blogging. The students seem to enjoy it and like that people other than just the teacher and their classmates can see it and comment on it. I think that blogging for students is good motivation for them to do their work and do it well. It also holds them more accountable to know that their family and people all over the world can read their post and comment on it. I could see where it could be an issue where students aren't motivated to post but you could easily come up with a way to help motivate them.

http://www.securedgenetworks.com/strategy-blog/Technology-in-the-Classroom-How-to-Choose-the-BestEmbracing the changes in technology like Mrs. Cassidy has done can be very beneficial for you and your students. Like I stated before, technology is always improving and to be an effective educator, I believe you need to be up-to-date with the latest and greatest. This is not always easy due to what is available in your classroom but you must try to be creative with what you have. Being educated on how new technology works and how to integrate into your classroom is going to make your students happy and more eager to learn. I have never heard of a student that wasn't excited about getting to use technology in the classroom. I know I would much rather use a computer or some other device than use pen and paper any day!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lydia,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post and feel really informed on your goals for your classroom. I really agree with the idea of using blogging in the classroom and the idea of embracing technology. I do not really see any places to critique on in your blog and think you did an amazing job.

    Keep up the good work!

    Megan Shoultz

    ReplyDelete