Wednesday, March 11, 2015

C4T #2 Post #1&2

Post #1:
Principal Shawn's post, A Digital Window is Priceless, was about making movies in the school. He talks about something we all know very well, the fact that when you ask a student what they learned, their response is, "I don't know". He creates digital windows (movies) to be put on a weekly digital newsletter that is sent out to families of his students. To make the digital windows, he films students and teachers engaging in day to day activities. Since he started sending the digital windows to the families of students he has gotten a lot of positive feedback.

My Comment:
Hi Shawn,

My name is Lydia Lynch. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I will be posting a summary of your post and my comment on a post for my blog.  You will be able to see the post no later than March 15th on my blog lynchlydiaedm310@blogspot.com. You can email me at lydiaruth118@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter at @lydiaruth118.

I absolutely LOVE this post. I had no idea that teachers/principals were creating digital windows for family members and the community. I have heard about teachers posting pictures and bits of important information on a Facebook page for parents but never a digital window. It makes perfect sense and I think it is a great way for parents to stay connected with what their child is learning and what activities they are participating in at school. I have a nephew that is in Kindergarten and every time I ask him what he learned in school I get the same response, "I don't know" or "I can't remember". Even though his teacher speaks highly of him to his parents, I would love to be able to see video of how he is doing in the classroom.
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2012/01/03/the-frontier-of-classroom-technology
Post #2:
Richard Bruford's post, Getting the most out of your school's technology coach, talks about what the technology coach should focus on. School's hire technology coaches to help the students, teachers, parents and visitors in the school with various technological skills. Their job can be overwhelming and can become difficult to prioritize and focus on the right tasks. Mr. Bruford believes that the coaches should focus most of their time with the teachers so in turn the teachers can help the students and parents, making their job more effective.

My Comment:
My name is Lydia Lynch. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I will be posting a summary of your post and my comment on a post for my blog.  You will be able to see the post no later than March 15th on my blog lynchlydiaedm310@blogspot.com. You can email me at lydiaruth118@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter at @lydiaruth118.


I couldn't agree more that technology couches should focus on the teachers for the most part. If the teachers know the solutions to problems dealing with their technology in the classroom, they can help the students and parents. When the teachers are able to help then this makes it easier for the coaches to make the most out of their job. It is always good to have a support system ready and willing to help and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment