Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Blog Post #6

http://normsteachersblog.com/?p=7486
I enjoyed getting to know more about Project Based Learning, especially since it is coming from a current 3rd grade teacher that is close to home. The fact that I just started hearing about PBL, it makes me happy to know that it is being implemented in classrooms near here. PBL is the future for educators and I must say that I could not be more on board with it. I can see that Anthony has a blast using it in his classroom by how he explains his class' projects in Project Based Learning Part 1 and Project Based Learning Part 2. That makes me excited to learn more about it and use it when I become an educator.

The Anthony- Strange Tips for Teachers Part 1 was my favorite video. What really spoke to me the most was the first two tips that were given. The first being that in order to be an effective educator you need to love to learn and the second being that you need to make learning and teaching your hobby outside of the classroom too. I truly believe that you do, in fact, have to love to learn to be an educator. If you didn't love to learn, how could you expect your students to effectively learn and be able to use what they learned in a positive way. Making learning and teaching a hobby outside of the classroom helps you become a better educator as well. Having those as a hobby can help you come up with innovative ideas and projects for your students.  

1 comment:

  1. Great post Lydia!
    I agree Anthony's tips on PBL were great and encouraging. In fact, I thought that he would be a great person to keep up with via twitter to help with future ideas for the classroom. Also, I agree loving to learn is a major fact when considering educating children.

    ReplyDelete