Wednesday, February 4, 2015

C4T #1 Post #1&2

Post #1: Cathy Jo Nelson's Professional Thoughts was the first teacher blog I read and commented on. In her post she explained that her school district had chosen to implement ItsLearning into the schools instead of Google Classroom. Trainers were provided for the staff to learn how to utilize the Learning Management System (LMS). She stated that instead of mandating the skills training ItsLearning was optional. Since participation was optional only about 30% of the staff had started using the program. The staff that is participating is mostly using the system as an online filing cabinet and as a means of transferring papers to and from teachers and students. Being that there is only 30% using the program, she is hoping that others will get on board and start utilizing it soon.

My Comment: Since this was my first comment on her blog, I made sure to introduce myself and my intentions. You could tell that she had a great passion for implementing this program and training others to as well. I told her that I loved that her district was trying to embrace change by adopting this new LMS. Since technology is ever-changing it is detrimental that we all get on board so we can learn new skills and grow.

http://www.cristinasbookreviews.com/
Post #2: In this post on Cathy Jo Nelson's Professional Thoughts she talked about how a few student helpers and herself were weeding out the biography section of the school library. Being the librarian in the school, she wanted to make room for new graphic novels. She created a system to document what books needed to go and had teachers come in and adopt any books that they needed/wanted. She wanted to remove most of the books that had a copyright date before 2004. They pulled roughly 1,000+ books to evaluate and possibly get rid of.

My Comment:
Hi Cathy,
I loved reading this post! I am very passionate about reading and have actually always wondered what it would be like to work in a library. I think I would love it! I like the fact that you take pride in your career and work space. Being organized is not always an easy, fun task as you have demonstrated with weeding out the biography section of your library. It seems like you make the library a place where students and teachers can find what they are looking for a breeze. It's great that you had student helpers to make the task a little less stressful for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment