Thursday, April 16, 2015

C4T #4 Post #1

C4T #4 Post #1 

Betsy Hubbards blog post, Writing Day and Night, was awesome! She talked about reading (and writing) month which was the month of March. Her school was able to get a local author to come to the school twice to talk to the students about reading and writing.The author, Ruth McNally Barshaw, was able to teach the kids several ways of making a book. She also showed them demonstrations on some of her illustrations for her book series. One of her visits was on family night so the students and their families were able to meet her and get books signed. All of the students made their own books and displayed them for their peers and family members to view!
http://hunterswritings.com/2013/04/27/atozchallenge-x-is-for-x-ray-reading/
My Comment:

Hi Betsy!

My name is Lydia Lynch. I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I will be posting a summary of your post and my comment on a post for my blog.  You will be able to see the post no later than April 26th on my blog lynchlydiaedm310@blogspot.com. You can email me at lydiaruth118@gmail.com or follow me on Twitter at @lydiaruth118.


I absolutely adore your post! It makes my heart smile reading about your school's reading (and writing) month! I am  an avid reader so any time I see kids getting excited about reading and writing it makes me happy! I think that is so awesome that y'all were able to have Ms. Barshaw come speak to the kids and demonstrate some illustrations. I'm sure this made the students even more excited about reading, writing, and sharing their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment