Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Part B of Blog Post #5

http://www2.curriculum.edu.au/scis/connections/issue_80/articles/if_you_dont_have_a_pln.html
At the beginning of this semester I had no clue what a PLN was or how to even begin making one! Now, I have been making one without even noticing I am building it! I started out with getting a twitter account. I followed not only those that were required/suggested to me but I also started following different teaching pages and individuals that could give me advice or resources for my future in education.

One of the main things I love about my PLN is that I have built relationships with my team members in this class. I have also added one of the lab assistants to my network because lets be honest, if it weren't for her I wouldn't be able to do as well in this class. Not only her, but all the lab assistants are heaven sent! I believe that their help could also go beyond this class, so that's why they are an important part in growing my network. I also think that my professors for all my classes should be a part of my network. They all have information and wisdom to share, whether it be from personal experience or from some other source. Their input can help greatly in my future!

 I have learned that a PLN is exactly what you make it. You can add anything and everything to your network. It involves anything that will help you with whatever you would like to know. Of course, this semester, my PLN has been focused on education and my future career in teaching. I am glad I was able to learn about personal learning networks and start building one of my own. It will definitely help with my life as a student and as a future educator!

No comments:

Post a Comment